What is Social Marketing?
Social Media Marketing (SMM) is the marketing strategy used to exploit the potential of web 2.0. Businesses use platforms and tools like Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube to engage with their target audiences and communicate their messages. What makes it really powerful is the engagement of the target audiences to create a web of communications that distills the marketing messages of businesses and makes buying recommendations on the basis of user input and peer feedback. Interacting with users through social platforms adds real value to a brand’s message.
Some of the Benefits of SMM
- Word-of-Mouth: Word-of-mouth advertising is one of the best marketing tools out there because of the inherent high trust factor. SMM is the best way to generate word-of-mouth around a brand.
- Low-cost promotion: SMM helps in driving traffic to your website at a far lower cost than traditional marketing.
- Precise targeting of the audience: By using SMM you can deliver your marketing message much more precisely.
- Inbound links: Inbound links to a website generated through ‘sharing’ on social media sites, bookmarking and commenting can be very valuable because it can improve search engine ranking. Social media sites are a very useful resource for generating such links.
- User communities: Creating and maintaining customer loyalty is one of the primary targets of businesses. Social media platforms are a great place for generating user communities and have passionate customers become your brand ambassadors.
- Customer relationship: It allows businesses to actively and closely engage with customers and build a fruitful lasting relationship
- Increased reach: It can dramatically increase the reach of your business if performed correctly.
Mobile Apps and SMM
People are increasingly using handheld mobile devices to engage with social media platforms. Mobile applications have become one of the primary tools for conducting almost our business and personal activities online. Whether you want to use Facebook, Google, Instagram or another popular social media tool, chances are there’s already a mobile app for it. Furthermore, no business can overlook the importance of mobile apps for marketing themselves on social media platforms.
If you’re interested in finding out more about how you can harness the power of SMM to boost your business, contact BinaryQuest. We’ve got expertise in both SMM and mobile app development which can help you realize your business goals.