According to an estimate by the International Telecommunications Union, about 87% of the world’s population has a mobile subscription. This is where mobile apps come into the picture because more and more people are using them to perform all sorts of business functions and online purchasing without having to sit on a desk. Research from Google Insights shows that 88% of the people using mobile apps for business take action. If you are a business owner/manager, then you should seriously consider using mobile apps for your business.
How Mobile App help Business
You might be wondering whether mobile apps really help businesses improve productivity or is this just another one of those technology fads. Well, this finding from an Aberdeen survey might convince you:
“Survey data taken from 240 enterprises suggest that [overall], the use of mobile apps designed specifically to help employees get their work done, increased productivity by 45%. Further, the data reveals that operational efficiency rises almost as much (44%) when enterprise apps are made available.”
You can use mobile apps in several ways to increase your business efficiency and productivity:
- To access and manage your business data on-the-go;
- To Increase and improve contact with customers;
- Perform routine functions like preparing invoices, purchase orders and reports;
- Manage your business calendar;
- Your field sales force can access your CRM to get relevant information, make decisions and close deals quickly and instantly;
- To easily perform inventory management from off-site locations;
- To manage workflows and easily prepare and share routine reports with management;
- All your desktop applications can be made available on your mobile so you can conduct business from anywhere at any time;
- In the US alone, the use of mobile apps by businesses saves 725.3 million hours annually, which translates into an estimated saving of $17.6 billion. Wouldn’t you want to have your share of this saving?
The Aberdeen report mentioned above also highlights the top three ways in which mobile applications are helping businesses:
- Improve communication and collaboration among team members (66%)
- Rapidly deliver actionable information to the point of decision (48%)
- Use mobile software to increase customer intimacy (42%)”
So, how about having a mobile app developed for your business?